By Heather Carlucci-Rodriguez, Executive Pastry Chef, Print Restaurant
For Heather, the previous owner of Lassi in NYC, Thanksgiving is a day full of heritage turkeys marinated in yogurt and spices. The turkeys are available for purchase for your own Thanksgiving. Just contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1-15 pound turkey
¼ cup lemon or lime juice
1 ¾ cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
¼ cup finely chopped fresh ginger
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 head of garlic
½ bunch of cilantro
2 whole limes or lemons
1. Combine lemon juice, yogurt, garlic, ginger, paprika, garam masala and black pepper in blender And blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. Remove gizzards from inside of turkey. Rinse well with cool water.
3. Cut one of the whole limes in half and rub turkey thoroughly with both halves. Sprinkle turkey liberally with kosher salt, inside and out and rub to distribute salt evenly.
4. Place turkey in roasting bag. Pour yogurt marinade over turkey and tie bag tightly. Sit bagged turkey upside down in roasting pan to let the breast marinate. Refrigerate 2 hours-overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Roast turkey for 30 minutes and lower heat to 325. Roast for another 2 hours. Cut open roasting bag and let skin get brown and crispy for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.