Cabbage Masak Lemak Recipe
1 head of savoy cabbage, torn into large pieces
3 red jalapenos, seeded and julienned
4 shallots, sliced finely
2 cloves garlic, sliced finely
½ cup dried shrimp, soaked and chopped
3 Tablespoons canola oil
2 cups coconut milk, reserve half cup thick cream
2 cups water
1 Tablespoon sugar
1-2 Tablespoons kosher salt, to taste
1. Separate cabbage leaves and tear into large pieces. Julienne the red jalapeno, slice the shallots. Chop the soaked dried shrimp
2. In a large pot, heat the oil. Add shallots and fry till the shallots in limp, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and dried shrimp and fry for another minute.
4. Add the cabbage, jalapeno, coconut milk, water, sugar and salt.
5. Bring to boil. Partly cover the pot and simmer on medium for 30 minutes until the cabbage becomes very soft. Add the remaining coconut cream. Let sit at least 15 minutes before serving.