Soy Sauce Braised Chicken
3 chicken legs (drumstick and thigh), about 2 lbs
5 cloves garlic, skin-on slightly smashed
3 inches ginger, peeled, sliced
3 Tablespoons sesame oil
3 Tablespoons light soy sauce
2 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup sherry or Chinese rice wine
1/4 cup water
1. Heat a wok on medium high. Add sesame oil, when about to smoke, add ginger and garlic. “Pow” or stir fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
2. Add chicken pieces and brown chicken.
3. Add soy sauces and sugar and toss to coat. Add sherry and water, cover and simmer under low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little more water if it dries out.
- Beef Rendang
- Linda Tay Esposito
- Nasi Ulam – Herbed Rice
- Cabbage Masak Lemak
- Chicken Curry
- Assam Laksa
- Zongzi – Cantonese “Joong”
- Laksa Johor
- Sugar-Pickled Mustard “Mui Choy” Pork