Pickled Watermelon Salad, Shaved Pork Belly, Kimchee Citrus Vinaigrette
By Debbie Lee, Chef & Finalist, The Next Food Network Star, Season 5
(6) Pieces Watermelon, seedless, cut into 2 x 2 diamonds
(6) Sliced Pork Belly, Steamed and Sliced Paper Thin lengthwise Pickling Liquid
1/4 cup Kimchee Citrus Vinaigrette
1/4 cup Daikon Sprouts
2 tbs Black Sesame Seeds
1. In a baking pan, or shallow glass dish lay watermelon slices down. Pour pickling liquid over and let sit for 30 minutes. Remove and transfer to serving platter.
2. Take sliced pork belly, making a ribbon of pork and lay on top of each piece of watermelon.
3. Drizzle with vinaigrette on each piece of watermelon.
4. Garnish with Daikon Sprouts and Black Sesame Seeds.
5. Serve immediately.
For Pickling Liquid:
1/4 Rice Vinegar
2 tbs Soy Sauce
2 tbs Mirin
1 tbs White Sugar
For Kimchee Citrus Vinaigrette
2 tbs Napa Kimchee, Chopped
2 tbs Orange Juice
2 tbs Lemon Juice
1 tbs Soy Sauce
1 tbs Rice Vinegar
2 tbs Sesame Oil
Salt and White Pepper to Taste
Blend all ingredients in a Food Processor, except the Sesame Oil.Gradually blend in Oil last and season with Salt and Pepper.